Sample of a written assignment

Nursing Leader

Dr Loressa Cole was in the news in 2016 as the leader of ANCC’s full portfolio of credentialing programs, and was designated ANA Enterprise CEO in 2018. Dr Cole will guide the organization to fulfill its strategic vision of nursing excellence, quality care and improved patient outcomes. Dr. Cole is an accomplished health care leader who brings more than 30 years of nursing and management experience, most recently as the chief nursing executive for Lewis Gale Regional Health System located in Salem, Virginia, where she directed system-wide clinical operations, partnering with other C-suite leaders on strategic and tactical planning and execution. Previously, Dr Cole served as chief nursing officer at Lewis Gale Montgomery Hospital in Blacksburg, Virginia, where she led the hospital to achieve its initial Magnet Recognition® in 2009 and its re-designation in 2013. Dr Cole started her career with an associate degree, followed by a baccalaureate, master’s, and a doctorate. While Dr Cole was working full time and supporting her family; she was always a part-time student. Dr. Cole worked as a staff registered nurse in medical surgical, critical care settings, and administrative nursing supervisor.  Dr Cole has been taking position with progressive more responsibility. Dr Cole pursue this path with a lot of strength, courage, and perseverance. She was a believer in the work of the ANA for all nurses. This nurse leader inspires me as a mother, full time worker to continue my education as a NP despite the obstacles that can occur, I am motivated to continue my education.

REFERENCES:

Loressa C.  Nursing leader, Retrieved from 2019 https://www.nursingworld.org/news/news-            releases/2016/american-nurses-credentialing-center-appoints-new-senior-leaders/