Academic Examples

This is my first concept for a visual quote. I wanted to create an image that gives u almost an immediate definition of the quote. I used a blueprint/graphing paper from Google Images for the background to represent the creating aspect of what the quote means. I created the general outline of a character that is being created and gave him/her yellow pants. I chose yellow because thats a complimentary color of blue and it draws ur focus onto the incomplete figure. The typeface i choose because it was the best looking legible typeface that went with this image.

This is my second concept for a visual quote. I wanted to keep this concept fairly simple and used an image from Google Images of incomplete skyscrapers. I added the red typeface and arranged it so it was legible but didn’t take away from the image itself. The typeface is in such a good place that I wont have to worry about Trim if this were to be printed.

This is my third concept for the quote. I wanted it to be simple but attention grabbing. The image of color pencils from Google Images i thought was a good representation of this quote seeing all of these bright colors. The typeface i believed was perfect for this concept and it helps get the point of the quote across more clearly. All of the colors are helping emphasize the fact that there isn’t just one way to create yourself. There are a bunch of different and unique ways to create yourself and you aren’t limited to just one.