As a portion of the project, we were tasked with the idea of working as a classmate’s brand designer. This encapsulates being an illustrator, photographer, graphic designer so on and so forth. My partner’s services are that of a fashion design company. They specialize in styling customers in maximalist wear. Below we see the steps taken to show brand identity.

MAX

MAX is a maximalist fashion company that invokes freedom of expression through clothing. Maximalism promotes the use of bright colors, bold silhouettes and shiny accessories. The movement uses playful color coding and dressing while still maintaining elegance. As MAX’s primary brand designer I took photos and created mockups of advertisements.

Art direction courtesy of Kayla Martinez.

In total, seventy four photos were taken at this photoshoot. One was used as the company’s hero image and I picked another two for use in ads. During the process of plan an AD I came up with a slogan and potential logo designs.

Primary Ad

Primary Ad

Combination of a fascinating photo with a well thought out slogan.

Ad 2

Ad 3

Brand Animation

To cap off the production of MAX’s individuality, I produced an animated ad using a coalition of photos and that bright pink logo. The 12 second video was done in Adobe After-Effects. Four photos were chosen to make a smooth transition one into the other with the last scene being the logo making a full screen appearance. The instrumental is an audio taken from Shirley Bassey’s “Love Story”, that was chopped and looped to fit perfectly with every transition. The voice-over for the last slide was done using an AI system to read the slogan; also imported into After-Effects.