My name is Kelly-Ann Thompson. I am currently a junior at the New York City College of Technology.  I am pursuing my bachelor’s degree in Communication Design.  At an early age, I’ve always been interested in Art. I love creating images and designs in my mind and putting them unto paper.  When attending Christ the High School in Antigua, my passion for drawing became stronger as I began to learn about the different principles of drawing in my “Introduction to Drawing” class.  However, photography became my hobby after taking Photoshop and Illustrator Classes in my last year of High School. I became interested in careers that would allow me to use basic drawing and technology to produce something that would communicate with others that see it. So far, City Tech has developed and helped me improve my design skills on the computer as well as on paper. It has also helped me to solve visual communication problems using different techniques and programs and introduced me to different areas of the field.

New York City has inspired me and influenced me to choose Communication Design as my career choice. Art surrounds us in New York City. The countless amounts of lights, billboards, buildings and people are what make it so enchanting. Time Square is my favorite place to be in NYC. The advertisement and graphic designs are simply powerful and inspirational. I also enjoy admiring different art works in my favorite museum in NY; MOMA. Graphic Designers play a huge part of making “the city that never sleeps” a beautiful masterpiece. After my first semester at City Tech, I realized that this was the career for me. However, I have not yet chosen a specific area of graphic design that I would like to peruse, simply because I am still experiencing the different areas in my classes. The possibilities of Graphic Design are endless and there are no boundaries as for how far your imagination will take you. My goal at City Tech is to use the knowledge and experience that I’m gaining to become a great Graphic Designer in the future.