Drugs and Personal Health: Drugs and Personal Health was a course I took with Dr. Glose. The basis of this course was to learn how certain drugs (over the counter, prescribed, and illegal) affect the body and can alter a person’s behavior. I actually enrolled in this class because I always wondered “how” and “why” some individuals become addicted to drugs. Dr. Glose encouraged the entire class to engage in conversation with regard to the chapters we were reviewing, and would also allow us to speak on personal experiences. I was able to gain insight on addiction, how easy it is to become addicted and how difficult it is to overcome addiction. This course is what helped me to decide that working with substance abusers was the population of my choosing. At the close of this course, I learned how to be more sympathetic to substance abusers and non-judgmental. However,  I still need to learn how to become emphatic toward substance abusers. My personal opinion was always “it’s easy to stop using drugs because who would want to intentionally harm themselves”. I need to understand no one “intentionally” chooses to become an addict, it’s just something that unfortunately happens and it’s a battle to overcome this disease.