In this visual quote project, we chose to pick a quote from a song, movie or book.Yo Perreo Sola” by Bunny, it means “I dance alone.” Bad Bunny is one of my favorite latin artist from Puerto Rico. He’s iconic and influential. “Yo Perreo Sola,” is an empowering video, where he dressed in drag advocating for women’s rights and the LGBTQ community. I love at the end of the video he states, “Si no quiere bailar contigo, respecta, ella perrea sola,” which translates to “if she doesn’t want to dance with you respect hrt, she ‘dances alone.’  

Sketch #1
Sketch #2

In this first concept, I did research on what type of lips I wanted to draw. Therefore, I created 2 sketches to give an idea of how the text would look like. I traced sketch 1 on procreate to make it digital and to add color. The colors that are used in this design are green, different shades of red and black.  

Design #1
Sketch #1

In this second concept, I love the red boots from the music video, when he is wearing a wig, red lipstick, a red dress, and high thigh red boots. It was a controversial music video due to him dressing as a woman. In Sketch 1, it is supposed to imitate a tarot card.  

Design #2
Attempt #1

In the third concept, I had to use a photograph and wanted to display a woman dancing in the club by herself. The first attempt was not my original photo. In the final design, I used an original photo that I took of a client in a lounge. It was a good choice to visualize the quote “Yo Perreo Sola.” 

Design #3