Obtaining my Baccalaureate degree in Nursing was a great way to build on to the knowledge that I have gained throughout my associate degree. During my baccalaureate education I learned a lot about nursing that went beyond just the clinical aspect of the profession. In the Baccalaureate program I took classes such as Community Health Nursing, Leadership in the Management of Client Care, Nursing Research, Nursing Case Management, Professional Nursing Practice, and Comprehensive Client Care for Urban Health Issues. All these courses taught me something different about the nursing profession and the different areas that a nurse can work in. It opened my eyes to see that nursing is more than just patient care. I was able to grow as a nurse and learn new skills that will help me in my career. For example in my community health class I was able to be out in the community and learn about the issues that the individuals in that community face. It taught me that nurses are not just in the hospital setting. I also gained a better understanding of the health care system and the important role that nurses play in it. I was able to get insight on the administration side of nursing and the leadership roles that nurses can obtain. Through the writing assignments, group projects, and presentations I was able to further develop my communication and writing skills and it also gave me the opportunity to work effectively in a team. Nursing is a profession in which you never stop learning so continuing education is essential to further your career.