Friend’s Exhibit

Recently I went to this event that actually turned out to be great. I usually like going to low key local art shows in NYC. One of my oldest friends is a photographer. I did her first logo when I just started out as a designer. She’s done stuff for VICE and her own pieces are awesome. She focuses on street photography, more specifically, the Bronx. She tends to have shows that are curated locally and have a more street vibe. I’ve been to a couple, and they all have been good. This one also had some good stuff. It was also open bar. The atmosphere was chill and relaxes, but had a bit of a party vibe.

As I started drinking, I kept talking to more people. I eventually met a poster design name Max Lopez who does awesome 80’s style poster with a modern twist. He told me about his photoshop skills and I asked him how he got as good as he is. He told me YouTube can help a lot. I got his business card to pick his brain more. I want to get better at photoshop in a lot of ways, especially with photo editing for publication and poster design. Asking him for advice could end up well. After meeting him, I met this girl who also did photography. She mainly focused on portraits, many looked like magazine covers. For my senior project, I want to create an entire magazine company. So I’m currently gathering photographers, to maybe help me out, or maybe pay in the future. She is a cool person, as well.