Joshua M. Veliz

My name is Joshua M. Veliz, I am a mechanical engineering tech student at the NYC College of Technology (City Tech) and I have a very strong interest in pursuing a Mechanical engineering career and profession in the automotive industry. I am currently enrolling in The New York City College of Technology (City Tech) in City University of New York (CUNY). I currently have an associates degree of applied science in Industrial Design (Summer 2017) and I am currently majoring in the Mechanical Engineering Technology, Bachelors of Technology (Btech) program . I am able to operate milling machines, lathe machines, Proficient in AutoCad, Autodesk Inventor, solidworks, render, Matlab and Microsoft office. I am able to operate both Windows and Apple computer software’s. I am very hands on, able to work in a team and be a team leader. I have a well-known knowledge of automotive vehicles and as a hobby I like to modify my own vehicle and take it to the race track. I am able to speak English and Spanish fluently and able to read and write as well.  My goal in the future is to have my own automotive engineering company. The skills that I had learned in city tech will help me achieve my goal.