ADV 1100

This course has allowed me to understand the basis of shapes and lines and shape manipulation. It has helped me to understand the art of pencil drawing and design and has made the transition from illustration on paper to computer graphics slightly simpler. There are many challenges when first approaching illustration and drawing but this class has aided me on my road to becoming a better artist. One of the better projects that I had been most intrigued by, and felt I excelled in was the “Curves” project, which created curves simply from lines. That was one of the more cleaner projects that I created using Micron Ink Pens and rulers.

Prior to this course, I was not a fan of painting, but upon learning how to mix colors properly and learning the principles of painting, it has made my appreciation for painting that much greater. I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of creating landscapes using tint, shades and primary colors. To date, I believe the landscape project was the most challenging, encompassing all of the materials and skills learned from throughout the course.