First Project

Copyrigth Photo by Janhmar Moquete

One thing I was able to do as in my experience as an intern was work on a collaborative project. Using the ideas of my supervisor and a photo from another intern I worked on three videos for the company. The focus of the project was to advertise the public educational organization. The videos are supposed to advertise based on the tagline that the organization starts at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge.

My supervisor wanted me to use my knowledge of the 3D camera in adobe after effects.The first video I made we decided on not using because the people in the image did not have any motion compared to the buildings. The second video I made was to showcase all of the company’s buildings as they passed across Brooklyn Bridge. While the third video of photos are clipped together of the camera slowly zooming in and cutting into the next image starting from the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge to the first building of the organization located at the end of the bridge. 

The second video was the one I made the most edits to because it was the main one my supervisor was interested in using. It did prove to be challenging due to being difficult to cleanly masking out of the cable wires of the Brooklyn Bridge.  So I came up with a unique way to mask them out by masking as much as possible in Photoshop and then transferring it into procreate. In procreate I used my apple pencil to by hand remove the background around the wires. Wasn’t sure if it would work at first but my Supervisor was fine with it. He told me to rearrange the placement of buildings, add a green screen, and remove a few things it had before. He then took the video and incorporated it into a video he made.