First Event

Photo by Tony Ferreria

The first time I attended an event for this organization was called the Club Festival. This experience was helpful in recording video because I wanted this practice for video recording events. It also helped me get footage on world building when I character design because it was a lively event. This helps when trying to be part of the industry because characters are also designed on look and the behavior designs come from people interacting in different environments. I was using my phone so making sure the camera was as still as possible was my main focus. Getting different club shots and interaction was important.

Recording isn’t as simple as it seems but also requires good technique to have the perfect footage to edit and clip together. My Supervisor introduced me to a device known as a gimbal where you can attach your phone and use the camera to get very smooth and difficult angles you can get by holding it with your hand. A lot of footage I captured that day was by hand but the demos and footage I saw from another intern that day showed some really awesome angles. In all the event was very social, had a unique club to be a part of and was even educational on the things they provide. 

Source: https://www.pexels.com/photo/crowd-of-people-on-street-1518419/