My responsibilities

Photo by Brooklyn College

For my internship at Brooklyn College, I worked on a design team. I have a graphic design and layout design role in the organization. My supervisor is responsible for getting our team members together and having a meeting, and then assigning tasks and dates for the week. I got this internship with the help of the internship professor. I contacted the Communication Design Internship Organization of Brooklyn University through email to work. 

Then after the email conversation, the next day a video conference on Zoom began. On the day of the interview, I was the only one who talked to the supervisor, and we got along very well. The topic is to get some general information about Brooklyn University, and then introduce the main work content of this internship, and then what kind of form I will work in. The whole meeting lasted for more than 30 minutes. After I introduced myself and showed my portfolio, the supervisor assigned me a job position related to graphic design and typesetting and asked me to reply whether I would participate in the internship after the meeting today. 

After learning some basic information about Brooklyn University and the project I needed to work on, I thought I was qualified for this internship, so I replied to my supervisor that I would participate in the internship. My supervisor then sends me a project document and a schedule of dates and tells me that I can start the work tomorrow. Then I also sent the internship contract to the supervisor for signature during the internship class. After that, I successfully carried out my first internship in the organization.