Internship Blog Week 6

This has been a rough two weeks at Brick & Portal. Since the app has launched, I have been trying to promote the app as much as I can and be the best brand ambassador I could. Along with that, I have been working on the advertising ads for the 4th week of the launch campaign ( I believe it is a 5 or 6 week campaign) which are GIFs. The idea for week 4 is to animate the create a look button, so I was given a vague concept of what my boss had in mind and was given complete control over how to go about creating the animation. After a few rough animations, I decided to use droplets of color to fill in the space and bring color to the image and the selected outfits since each GIF was focused on a look theme; #Workout, #Casual and #DateNight. For each ad I had to make a version for Facebook and another for Instagram.

After completing the ads at the beginning of the week, the other half of the company, Digital Design NYC, has been in full swing with new clients so the other half of my work this week has been gathering competitor features for a client and compile a document of different competitors and how they differ from the client’s app and how they are similar. We have mostly been creating things for Mac and Apple iOS’ but this new client will be the first to be developed on android. I have been given the task to create a document to explain how android and apple systems differ from one another from functionality to UI. It just goes to show how you can hold many different positions at a startup internship. Last week I was an animator and this week I am apart of research and development but it’s ok because it keeps things fun and you learn a lot more. At the same time however, since it is a start up and the structure is loose, you kind of miss out on seeing how a more developed design company runs.