Resume

Objective

Improving my experience in the workforce where I can develop
better maintenance, organization and office skills

Professional
Summary

Committed, devoted,
and compassionate are three words to describe me. Working well with others
comes naturally because I also hold good communication skills. I also have the
ability to use word processors and computer skills. I can speak Russian as well.
I am capable of making trustworthy and ethical decisions. My creativity can
also help benefit when working in group projects.

Education

New York City College of
Technology                                                                                                               September 2011- June 2016
Nursing

James Madison High School                                                                                  2005- 2009
Law. GPA 3.0

Experience

First Steps SCO-                                                                                                       Fall 2015- Spring 2016

Student Nurse-

First Steps is a program that promotes children to be ready for kinder garden by placing them in classrooms from up to 6 weeks to 4 years old. First steps SCO is located in Brownsville in Brooklyn. The school focused on promoting this program to children coming from poverty. During my clinical rotation here, I was assigned to help teachers working with one year old children. We would promote activities that would help improve their sensory and gross motor skills. I would greet and help feed the children as well as participate by reading to the children as well. My class would also provide different presentations to the parents that would encourage health promotion and prevention.

Bellevue Medical Center-                                                                                      Summer 2014 and 2015

Student Nurse Intern-

During the Summer of 2014 and 2015, I worked as an intern in Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan, NY. In the Summer of 2014, I rotated among the maternity and pediatric units. I gained experience by shadowing a nurse, taking the vital signs of patients, giving medications to the patients. I was able to learn how to assess a newborn. I had the opportunity to assist with labor and delivery.  I was able to learn how to document patient charts electronically. In this internship, I was able to learn how hands off of patients to the next shift of nurses and rounds were done. While working with adolescent patient, I worked alongside a child life specialist to promote activities for the child to participate in.

During the Summer of 2015, I was placed on a Brain injury and Rehabilitation unit. During my rotation, I worked alongside various staff nurses to provide care for patients who have suffered various injuries, mostly neurological. While working among this unit, I was able to collaborate with physical and occupational therapy. This helped me get a better understanding at how rehabilitation promotes healing to the patient’s body.

Maimonides  Medical Center                                                                             Fall 2013- Spring 2014

Two of my associate degree clinical rotations were at Maimonides hospital. During my fall 2013 semester of nursing school, I received experience in a psychiatric inpatient facility. My clinical rotation consisted of interviewing and communicating with a diverse group of patients. I was able to learn and understand how care is given mostly by promoting different group activities that would help get the patients to interact with the community.

During my spring semester at Maimonides, I was placed on a medical surgical unit in which I was assigned to a patient in which I had to provide bedside care. During the care that was given, I provided the patient with their prescribe medications. I also took a physical assessment and history of the patient and documented the results in the patient’s file.

Brooklyn Hospital                                                                                                Spring 2013

Student Nurse-

During this clinical rotation, I was exposed to a pediatric acute unit in Brooklyn Hospital. I would work with another student and be assigned a nurse to work with. I received patients who were mostly in high school and college as well. I worked among patients who had asthma, Lupus, and Sickle cell. I was able to assist in giving medications and learn how most of pediatric and adolescent care focuses on the psycho sociological aspect of a child rather than just the disease itself.

Woodhull Medical Center                                                                                 Spring 2013

Student Nurse-

During my Associate clinical rotation in Woodhull, I gained experience through providing bedside care and giving medications to patients that I received. I was required to come up with plan of care by assessing patients  coming up with a nursing problem and an intervention to that particular problem.

Kings brook Jewish Medical Center                                                                 Fall 2012 and Spring 2015

Student Nurse-

This was one of the locations for my clinical rotation. In fall 2012, I gain experience for my associate degree by caring for patients on a medical surgical unit. I worked among side another student in which we provided bedside care such as bed making, bathing and washing the patient, and wound care.

In the spring of 2015, I had my leadership clinical as an official RN in which I would shadow the nurse manager of a rehabilitation floor. Throughout shadowing the nurse manager, I was able to learn budgeting, prioritizing care and discharges, and also collaboration with other staff members.

Beth Israel Medical Center-                                                                            July 2011- November 2011
Volunteer-

Before I started my nursing career, I gained experience by volunteering at Beth Israel Medical Center.  With this position I would walk around to different rooms. I would provide things such as water and reading materials to accommodate their interests. I would go around asking the patients if they were satisfied with the care that was given and if they needed anything else. I would also shadow one of the staff nurses to learn about how nursing care is provided.
Randstad Company-                                                                                       December 2009 and 2010
Seasonal Freelancing-

This job was a temporary seasonal position located in Macys. I worked to promote various perfumes and colognes which included brands such as Armani and Ralph Lauren. Because this was  seasonal job during the holiday season, I also provided giftwrapping for customer purchases.

Quality Collections-                                                                                                 April- July 2009
Medical Billing-
This job was a secretary position located in a medical billing office. I would work with organizing patient charts. This would be done by scanning important documents such as patient physicals and insurance information in their electronic charts. I would also organize any paperwork or mail that would come into the office.

Millennium Pediatrics                                                                                       February- May 2007
Doctor’s Assistant-
This job consisted of various functions.  The job was in an adolescent and pediatric clinic. I would help the staff such as the doctors and the nurse as well as the secretaries.  While working in this clinic, I would greet the patients and their parents. I was able to interview them to get their history and why they were there during their visit. I measured the weight and height of the patients as well, checked the patients’ blood pressures, provided exams for vision and hearing.  I also had some work experience in the lab as well.