Internships

Dr. Christian Chung

Although my experience in dental internships has been somewhat limited, the training I’ve received has been of high quality. My most recent internship took place under Dr. Christian Chung in NYC. During this internship, I supported dental hygienists by performing radiograph exposures and discussing radiographic findings with the dentist. I acquired proficiency in their dental software, Dentrix, and engaged in productive conversations with patients to establish rapport. Additionally, I observed procedures such as teeth extractions and composite fillings in both adult and pediatric patients. I also contributed to the sterilization of dental instruments and maintained cleanliness within the office.

Thomas Jefferson University and Hospital

My internship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital stemmed from my strong aspiration to pursue medical school during my undergraduate studies at Penn State. Within this internship, I primarily worked with patients in the geriatric department, providing assistance with tasks such as meals, reading, and walking. Many of these individuals lacked regular visits from family members, so I offered companionship and solace, becoming a familiar presence and engaging them in uplifting conversations. I utilized therapeutic activities like puzzles, crossword searches, and board games to stimulate cognitive function. Throughout my internships, I interacted with pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients, each offering valuable insights. However, the most profound lesson I learned is that regardless of one’s background, circumstances, or struggles, everyone has a unique story deserving of compassion and respect. It’s imperative to treat each individual, regardless of age, with the kindness and empathy we would want for ourselves.