3. Workplace

The communications department was not located within the institution itself, however, I did work in a general office space where each main stay employee had their dedicated office rooms. The office had printers, up to date computers, a water cooler, and a microwave. The atmosphere was professional and everyone, interns included, were treated with respect. Whenever there was a change in the itinerary for the day, my supervisor would let me know at the start of my shift and he would make sure to relay any information on the plans for the next shift I would be available.

My workspace was a cubicle not too different from ones in a standard office. It was equipped with drawers , a fairly large desk, and a Mac computer where I was able to work on animations and video edits for the company.

Communication was a must in the office and if there were any days I could not make it, I would tell my supervisor at the earliest convenience so they could plan accordingly. Text messages were sought to be ideal as they were a direct line of communication and being a busy person, emails not of high importance could get lost. These messages would also include any updates to a shared Dropbox folder where access to any new videos would be available at any point without myself or supervisor needing to be present.

(image source): Sheharyar Khan