7. Learning and growing

The best thing about the human brain is its ability to learn and grow. From childhood to adulthood, humans never stop learning and it is no different with my experience throughout this internship. Interviewing, filming and picture taking are not exactly my greatest assets, however, the lessons learned from those experiences did help me to build up my own people skills, lighting composition, and file management skills. A lesson that stuck with me was when my supervisor stated “When recording, I’m already editing in my mind to see where I would want to make any cuts.”

With that knowledge, working on simpler video edits led me to learn more about Adobe Premiere Pro in ways I didn’t consider. I was able to understand more efficient ways to edit videos, specific cropping tricks, the major importance of “b-roll” footage and how to take proper mental notes before sitting down at a computer. My 3D animations skills and understanding of Blender had also increased over time as well. Admittedly, working with type is a skill I haven’t honed as much and now having to create a 3D version from the institution’s flat logo took a lot of fine tuning to get the results I was proud of and have been able to use those skills to enhance my portfolio pieces.

As a designer, imbibing what I can to enhance my own craft was what led me here today. I am nearing the end of my degree with an upcoming Portfolio class and it is with with conviction that I will face it. This experience has allowed me to continue down my career path, and for that, I am grateful.

(image source): Roll_Safe

Software produced Audio and Translation

(Text translator used): Online_Translator
(Audio_Translator used): Ally