My Individual Strengths

As you have read throughout my profile, I am a critical care nurse with 3 years experience working in a medical intensive care unit at Woodhull Medical Center. I am also a member of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses through which I have successfully completed the examination required to become certified in my specialty. As an ICU nurse, I am accustomed to maintaing patient safety while multitasking in times of great critical need that require life sustaining interventions. I have demonstrated competancy in many interventions such as massive fluid resuscitation, infusion of multiple vasoactive drips, massive blood transfusions and cardiac arrest codes. In addition to my professional career, I also possess a great multitasking ability in that I am able to manage full time course work at New York City College of Technology to complete my Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing. Through my career and academic endeavors, I have learned a variety of problem solving techniques that I utilize on a daily basis such as resolving conflicts throughout the plan of care for patients and the ability to effectively communicate with my coworkers, patients and their families. In addition to my problem solving and communication skills, I am also very assertive in advocating for patients needs and any interventions that may be required to promote the best possible outcomes. All that being said, I try to also maintain a great deal of self awareness and analysis so that I might continue to grow as a nurse and provide care free from judgement with the mindfulness to admit when I am wrong in order to grow from lived experiences.