About Me

individual Strenghts

I am a person who enjoys helping others. I have the ability to connect with patients emotionally, to understand the patient’s needs and motivations when they are hurting, tired, and frustrated. If I face difficult patients, conflicts, confusion and stress I’m patient and calm. My mission is to provide excellent care, no matter what is happening around me. I pay attention to details. So, I constantly double-check details to protect the patients against mistakes. I’m emotionally strong and stable. As a nurse, I help others deal with their stress. I constantly expose to the realities of human suffering and to stressful medical emergencies but can manage my own stress. Even when long work shifts or a fast-paced environment are wearing me down, I’m able to provide quality care.

Learning Self-Analysis

I am very passionate about helping others, that’s why nursing has been one of my top career choice. There are many paths you can pursue to become a nurse. The most famous two are through an ADN or a BSN program.

Because both ADN and BSN graduates become registered nurses, it’s easy to get confused which is the better option to pursue. A traditional RN job includes simple nursing care, recording patient symptoms, and medical history, supporting the family, educating patients on diseases, working in close consultation with doctors and using simple medical equipment. Compared to an ADN-level nurse, a BSN nurse conducts more complex procedures under the doctor’s supervision and can be in charge of other nursing staff. It is safe to say that after earning a BSN degree, career options get broader than it would with an ADN.

With a BSN degree in hand, the main difference is about the perks that come with advanced education such as more leadership responsibilities and higher pay. The degree can easily take the nurse from registered nurse to statuses like nurse educator, public health nurse or other specialties of interest that require a BSN degree.

Nobody is claiming ADN nurses offer less care than nurses with a BSN degree. BSN nurses are simply better trained and ready to tackle more challenging care jobs thanks to their education experience. The elaborate curriculum and clinical hours required by academic criteria make BSN nurses highly trained and qualified to meet the nation’s patients’ nursing needs and deliver safe, effective patient care. That’s why i am continuing my RN education and currently enrolled in BSN program at New York City College of Technology which will broaden my nursing knowledge and skills plus advance my career opportunities.