This is the Unity For Equality homepage of their official website.

The people that are working at the Unity For Equality are all volunteers and working in their own free time. When I was attending the Training & Development HR Division Orientation Angie from the HR department told me that no one in the organization is getting paid and everybody is a volunteer. I was in shock because I would think some jobs in the organization will require skills that may be a volunteer can not complete like the coding and design of their new website. The organization has become a global one with branches in countries like Africa and South America. I would think that will require some form of hiring someone to build the office space of the building. After all, they are a non-profit organization which means they could receive many generous donations.

The attire at the organization I believed is informal because they are a non-profit organization and everybody is working in their own free time. Everybody is working remotely and they are all working in different states. Angie from the HR department was in California when we had the zoom training orientation and she had her camera on. She was not dressed up in business attire and more in casual clothing like a sweater. I think she was eating or snacking on some kind of food during the orientation. She was a little nervous but her presentation was formal and she explained all the rules and the member’s hierarchy scale from cofounder to intern like me. Again everybody in the organization is a volunteer and they work when they can so there ready isn’t a typical work hour for the organization.

The organization uses an app called Rock to communicate with all its members and teams. Rock is a messaging plus task app that allows people to work together with messages, notes, tasks, file storage, and group meeting. The teams or members communicate with me through the app regarding tasks and upcoming meetings. The app also has a website which is very convenient when working on projects on your computer while communicating with a team member. The organization has created groups in the app for each department like the Communications & Marketing Department and Strategic Engagement Department, etc to keep communication organized. For my job in the organization as a social media content creator, I use adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and sometimes Photoshop.