Free-Write #2

Early morning, 9:00 am, my restless sleep was interrupted even more by the sound of multiple ambulance and my alarm. That’s my everyday life of living a block away from the hospital, red and blue light flashing into my room and through my tightly shut eye lids and waking up in the most irritating way possible. When I was conscious enough to roll out of bed, I realized how uncomfortably cold my room was from the air conditioner, to which I swore I turned off in the middle of the night. Stumbling out my room and over three cats, I began to wash up. It was already 9:30 am and I needed to make my way out the door in 15 minutes. A rushed morning is never a good morning, especially when I felt like I was being chased by police cars and ambulance in my sleep. I almost can’t remember how I made my way to the F train besides the two blocks I ran when I saw the bus I needed to take was arriving. The hour and a half on the train went by with a sleepy gentleman who had long hair kept hitting his head on the pole next to him. I guess I ended up joining him because when I opened my eyes, the F train was at Jay st – Metrotech. I shuffled through the group of business people in front of me and left the train right before the doors closed. And that’s how I made my way to school this morning.