Introduction

Hello!

My name is Helen, and I am originally from Connecticut. While I was still there, I received my Associate’s Degree in Nursing in December of 2005, and subsequently started working as a Registered Nurse the following January. I started off working on a medical/surgical unit in a local/tertiary community hospital, but after approximately a year and half, I started working in the Intensive Care Unit at the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Hartford. I have been in the ICU ever since.

In January 2009, I reenrolled back in the university for Sociology, and by December of 2010, received my degree Magna Cum Laude (with a minor in Psychology,) all the while still working in the ICU. In March of 2011, I made the big step, and moved to New York City, into Brooklyn, and worked as a traveler RN in various NYC hospitals. My speciality always remained critical care, but I did a small stint in Interventional Radiology.

During this time as traveler, I one again, reenrolled back in school for a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing Degree, and will be completing this degree this May. With the completion of this degree, I was offered permanent staff position at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in their ICU, to which I happily agreed, as it is a wonderful place to work, and nursing staff is just second to none.

So that’s everything about my professional adult life in a nutshell.

Short and sweet!