Samin Sankar’s ePortfolio

Samin Sankar’s ePortfolio
This ePortfolio is OPEN.
Human Services
Portfolio Description

Hello my Name is Samin Sankar; I was born and raised in Trinidad and Tobago until the age of ten when I migrated with my family to Brooklyn, New York in July 1972.
I am currently enrolled at New York City College of Technology and my major is Human Services. I have taken many interesting courses for my major, but the one class that remained with me was “Introduction to Gerontology”, it opened my mind to think about what is ahead of me, and the challenges people faced when they retire from their job, or are faced with a sickness. I completed one year of internship at YAI/Bay Ridge 3IRA residence, I worked with senior with special needs.
I am currently employed at the “New York League for Early Learning” for the past thirteen years; it’s a school for children with disabilities. I work as a teaching assisting in the Early Intervention classroom, assisting the teacher with daily tasks and help the students meet their goal on their Individualized Educational Plan.
I enjoy serving others of all age groups; I volunteer my time Sunset Part High School PTA, Bay Ridge Christian Center doing administration work, New York City College of Technology (Newman Club) assisting with fundraisers for various organizations.
One of my memorable achievements was in 2007 when I received my teaching assistant certification, and Certificate in Disability Studies. I will be graduating with my AAS in June 2016. I am looking forward to finishing my education in the near future.

Member Profile

Acknowledgements

This ePortfolio was created by: Samin Sankar

Welcome!

This is the first post on your Learning Blog. Edit or delete it, then start blogging! The […] See MoreWelcome!

No Comments Found