PHIL 3211 Section D660, Philosophy of Law, Spring 2020

active 2 days, 12 hours ago
Social Science
PHIL 3211
Spring 2020

Philosophy of Law

Announcement about posts

Dear Students,  Thank you for your thoughtful comments on the reading on Crito! I have now […] See MoreAnnouncement about posts

Dr. MacDougall's comments, Plato's Crito

In Plato’s Crito, we hear the conversation between Socrates and Crito. Plato was a student of S […] See MoreDr. MacDougall's comments, Plato's Crito

Midterm progress posted

Dear students,  Mid-term progress has now been posted on Blackboard. The school requires me to […] See MoreMidterm progress posted

Sure thing Professor I’ll remember that See More

What I found convincing professor was that even though he knew that they were wrong; he had great […] See More

Thanks, Dr. MacDougall. I didn't realize I was summarizing. I saw Soc's point and it made sense […] See More

Plato’s Crito

I like your thoughts on Socrates acknowledging that his time had come and was ready to face death. This reminds me of the current pandemic that is occurring, some of us might die and I don't know how many of us are as ready to die as […] See MorePlato’s Crito

Plato’s Crito

Socrates was a believer in the law. He believed so deeply in matters of law and how it saved civilization that he was willing to die for it when he was offered the chance to escape prison and go to Thessaly. This offer was made by […] See MorePlato’s Crito