PHIL 3211 Section D660, Philosophy of Law, Spring 2020

active 1 week, 6 days ago
Social Science
PHIL 3211
Spring 2020

Philosophy of Law

Help with tuition and other needs

Hi Class, Vanella Douglas has shared this information with us. If any of you could use these […] See MoreHelp with tuition and other needs

Final Exam this Thursday, May 21, 11:30am on Blackboard!

Dear Students,  This is just a reminder that our final exam will be on Blackboard during […] See MoreFinal Exam this Thursday, May 21, 11:30am on Blackboard!

Last day to submit written work is 5/19

Dear Class,  This is a reminder that any late written work must be submitted by the end of the […] See MoreLast day to submit written work is 5/19

I agree with you Morals in society have to be enforced to maintain stability in society. Yes many […] See More

After reading "The Enforcement of Morals", Devlin’s approach can be seen as an idealist approach i […] See More

Of Justification and Legitimacy

My general Idea of Justification and Legitimacy is understanding the relationship made between a community and the government. Before diving in, i want to reference Plato’s Crito the part where Socrotes explains why he isn’t running for […] See MoreOf Justification and Legitimacy

Plato’s Crito

I like your thoughts on Socrates acknowledging that his time had come and was ready to face death. This reminds me of the current pandemic that is occurring, some of us might die and I don't know how many of us are as ready to die as […] See MorePlato’s Crito

Plato’s Crito

Socrates was a believer in the law. He believed so deeply in matters of law and how it saved civilization that he was willing to die for it when he was offered the chance to escape prison and go to Thessaly. This offer was made by […] See MorePlato’s Crito