MAT1372 Statistics with Probability, SP2018

active 3 years, 8 months ago
Mathematics
MAT 1372
Spring 2018

A 3 credit but 4 hour introductory course. Topics include sample space, expectation and variance, binomial, Poisson, normal, student and chi-square distributions, confidence interval, hypothesis testing, correlation and regression. Students do a group project comparing 2 numeric variables and present at the end of the semester. The extra classroom hour is designed to facilitate a hands-on feel to the course including a heavy use of MS Excel and/or R.

Statistics Reflection

My first semester of statistics was a very interesting experience. In the beginning it started out […] See MoreStatistics Reflection

Statistics and Probability

My experience in this course was a very positive one. I've learned how to find and assign […] See MoreStatistics and Probability

Cars vs. Public Transportation

One of the more polarizing debates is whether or not it is safer to travel by a car or other forms […] See MoreCars vs. Public Transportation

This was my first semester of taking a math class which was dedicated purely to statistics. The […] See More

No one commented on it sadly even though I asked in class. Way I'd improve this chart is by […] See More

I believe that the graph can show some more information like when Netflix international started […] See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.