MARDELLE WILLIAMS’s ePortfolio

MARDELLE WILLIAMS’s ePortfolio
This ePortfolio is OPEN.
Human Services
Portfolio Description

I am an American citizen, but I am from the most beautiful island in the Caribbean BARBADOS . You can call me Da Bajan Queen and I am single never married , but I have been asked on two occassions. I am also a Glam-ma since my oldest son and only daughter made me one (a grandmother). Surprise! both the gran kids look like me. My kids are my foundation I am a very protective of them. I am also a jealous mother where my sons are concerned.

I have dread locks and I adopted this hair style because I did not want to deal with the hassles of the hairdresser. I am short because my sons are very much taller than me, a fact they keep repeating ‘mom you are short’. I believe that I am petite

Recently I began to watch my diet and I started experimenting with recipes. I found to my surprise that I am quite good at following directions and began making very appetizing and healthy meals.I have even broaden my horizon by making foods from different countries and various cultures. At present I an trying everything Korean I love kimchi and their green onion pancakes. Making their rice cakes is next on my list. I am also a big fan of their dramas especially the one focusing on the Emperors and Kings of the time.

My favorites are period dramas like Yi San, Queen Seonduk, and Dongyi. These dramas have encouraged me to research the history of Korea, the clothes (hanboks), burial sites,traditional wedding ceremonies and of course their alcoholic beverage SOJU (I partake of this on a number of occasions). If you live near a Korean market ask the owner to purchase some and bring for you. Privately of course! sshh sshh :)

I have just developed a new hobby. It is crafting, which is a clean word for utilizing things that we normally throw out in the trash and making it into beautiful objects. I have made various projects from shoe boxes and milk and juice cartons, picture frames from old magazines and my recycle garbage have gotten less since I started. couple of shadow boxes During the summer I made a pillow from my son old school ties and started a rag rug. I will upload some of these.

This is my second degree I have an A.A.S in Early Childhood Education from Kingsborough Community College class of 1996. I wanted to be a teacher then I had a change of heart, because i couldn’t find work in this field. I became a Patient Care Technician and worked mainly with the elderly this was very rewarding. I like the work, actually I loved it, then my client of 4 years died and I felt listless my priorities seemed to change. I took that life change as an opportunity to come back to school.
I will continue this later

Member Profile

Acknowledgements

This ePortfolio was created by: m.williams

Welcome!

This is the first post on your Learning Blog. Edit or delete it, then start blogging! The […] See MoreWelcome!

No Comments Found