Law1103 Civil Law & Procedure Spring 2020

active 3 years, 10 months ago
Law and Paralegal Studies
Law 1103
Spring 2020

This course addresses the theory and application of law and procedure in civil litigation with emphasis on New York State law. It focuses on the role of the paralegal in preparing for litigation, including an understanding of the court system, steps in the litigation process and their time lines, drafting documents, trial and post-trial topics, and an introduction to the use of the computer in litigation. Prerequisites are CUNY proficiency in reading and writing; pre- or corequisites are LAW 1101 and ENG 1101. Three credits.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Robert M Greenawalt

View the course(s) that this course is based on.

Syllabus

[pdf-embedder […] See MoreSyllabus

No Comments Found

Class session

Good evening everyone, I don’t know how I missed the live session but seeing that I did I was wondering if anyone can give me a recap of what was discussed and if there’s anything that’s due within the coming weeks. Thank you in advance. See MoreClass session

I cannot get in to video See More

Vocabulary

I found two for chapter 6. They're not difficult to figure out, but a reminder might be helpful. Computation- the act of computing, numbering, reckoning or estimating; the account or estimation of time by rule of law. Accrual- the […] See MoreVocabulary