Jamile Brito’s ePortfolio

Jamile Brito’s ePortfolio
This ePortfolio is OPEN.
African American Studies
Portfolio Description

My name is Jamile Brito and i’m in Liberal Arts. Right now, i’m trying to get my associates so that i can start focusing on another major. I am trying to purse an acting career which is mainly my passion, but as for now my focus is to finish school and get a degree. There has been interesting courses that i have taken such as, dance workshop, Black theatre and sociology part one. In these courses i have learned so much and it also helped me to grow in many ways. In Black theatre class i learned to connect with others and to be more open. In Sociology part one, i learned how we all evolve. Now, in dance workshop i learned to be more open with the crowd and let others see a talent that i have a problem with showing. The fact that i embraced this experience is proof of how much i have grown to be more optimistic with choices i make.
I’m thinking of being in the medical field which is something i see myself doing. I have a huge passion in helping others and caring for others. That is why i decided to volunteer at Isabella Geriatric Center. During my stay there, i helped decorate event rooms, accompanied residents, prepared dinner tables, made residents’ beds, played cards or other fun games with residents to keep them entertained, and assisted disabled residents with traveling from floor to floor. I have to say, this have been one of the best experiences in my life because i was able to meet such amazing people, which with whom i felt a connection. The fact, that i learned so much from them and to find out how many of them don’t even get to see their family on a daily basis it broke my heart. It led me to making sure that i could not leave without knowing in the back of my head that i put a smile on their faces.

Member Profile

Acknowledgements

This ePortfolio was created by: Jamile Brito

Welcome!

This is the first post on your Learning Blog. Edit or delete it, then start blogging! The […] See MoreWelcome!

No Comments Found