Films from Literature ENG 2400

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Document 4 Classwork for Sept. 11

Jimcya
    Participant

Then watch the presentation “Cinema II f20.avi”

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Prof.%20Masiello’s%20class%20presentaions?previe

w=Cinema+II+f20.avi

(It picks up where last week’s presentation ended with characters facing the audience.)

90 min.

2. Then, as you did last week, please answer the following

a. Name three different things you feel you learned.

How a mirror can achieve such an important impact in a scene, for example, we can see how they can play with your mind since it causes a person to have hallucinations that take him to the brink of panic.
    It also shows us that they can show different things at the same time (taking into account that it would be in conjunction with the editing and fiction techniques). Mirrors can make a scene much more interesting and create tension.

In the Rules of Attraction movie, they put the split-screen to carry out a conversation between two people, achieving a creative and different impact on the viewer, because, through that tactic they used, it allows them to be seen at first separately and later together.
    Also, by dividing the screen, they allow two different perspectives to be appreciated in the same scene.

b. Mention something you liked about the presentation.

I liked the different tricks, special effects, and techniques they used as they managed to get me into each scene and imagine how they could make it look so real.

c. Ask at least one question that now comes to mind about this presentation.

Do you have any method to help you identify even the smallest error in a scene?
    How many editing techniques are there?
    Why do technical elements affect the central idea so much?

Next, please watch the presentation called “Sexual Symbolism.avi.”

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Prof.%20Masiello’s%20class%20presentaions?preview=Sexua

l+Symbolism.avi 41 min.

4. Then, please answer the following

d. Name two or three different things you feel you learned.

1.What I learned was to be able to see the Empire State building from another perspective where I could see how a phallic symbol exists since phallic refers to a certain attitude related to the penis.
    2.The actions taken by the characters are freely expressed, however they are at the same time coordinated by other hidden and unconscious powers that sometimes are not directly manifested.
    3.Get to know that you can express seduction towards someone through food.

e. Mention something you liked about the presentation.

I liked was how there is a sexual connotation in these images from the Disney comedy. (Pirates of the Caribbean). Also, we can see how sometimes there are comic but artistic impacts in which in the end they reach the same concept.

c.) Ask at least one question

How was the first sexual symbolism expressed in a movie? And how did society react?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.