Films from Literature ENG 2400 Spring 2024 0565

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Jan. 26 First Class presentation

Angel Ordonez
    Participant

<p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>1) Please write down at least three things that you liked about the video.</p><br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” /> I loved the knowledge this video gave me. A lot of times, I have no idea about the history of films are the impacts they had during their time. I enjoyed the films used as examples and was a fan on how widescreen changed perspectives when it came to the viewers experience.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>2) Please explain at least three things you feel you learned or never thought about before.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />I love the fact that “Song of the South” was featured and how it had an impact on the people of the time. I learned that films can have such an impact on the culture, especially in controversial topics. Another favorite of mine when it comes to the video was the dynamic range of movies such as the one just mentioned and the film Django. “Django” was another film that was criticized for its racially tied topics and more specifically its epithets. I was not aware of this as first but did appreciate the kowledge. Lastly, When watching A scene from the movie,  “The Believer”, another racially themed controversial movie, I learned that these types of films can have difficulty when finding initial support for production and distribution. I liked that aspect of having the  “behind the scenes” knowledge of such works.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>3)I wonder, why wasn’t this broken down into shorter themed clips? I feel I would have soaked in the knowledge better. However, this was useful nonetheless. I am also curious as to what makes a film worth noting?</p>

Naureen Asha
    Participant

<li dir=”ltr” style=”list-style-type: decimal; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre;” aria-level=”1″>
      <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;” role=”presentation”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>I liked how the video indicates the changes that films have been holding throughout the years. I like how the language has changed from the past. Also, I liked how there is a drastic change in portraying an intense science and how filmmakers would take this into consideration and would portray something sensitive in a very acceptable way.</span></p>

<li dir=”ltr” style=”list-style-type: decimal; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre;” aria-level=”1″>
      <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;” role=”presentation”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>I never knew that in the past they would portray a woman figure less valuable like this as in “The Enforcer”, the filmmakers indicate that the female officer is less capable than her partner. I was shocked to see how “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” 1961 portrayed a Japanese character negatively. I learned that in the past, filmmakers would have to walk on a thin line to portray any intimate scenes so that it is acceptable to the audiences.</span></p>

<p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;” role=”presentation”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>One question I have is that are filmmakers still drastically developing to fit into their targeted audiences?</span></p>

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.