Field Trip to Javit Center for Photo Plus Expo

active 11 years, 4 months ago
This Project is OPEN.
School / Office
Technology & Design
Project Description

The field trip to Expo center was to see different companies that deal with adv and graphic design industries many known companies where there and also local companies, the report was to write 2 to 3 pages of company we found interesting,

Photo Plus Expo
On October 27th we set out to explore different super companies like Sony, Canon and Nikon and many more were there; also local companies were there some that I never heard of but from what I saw they have the potential to be a big company. The layout of the expo was of no surprise the biggest companies had the front row space; as it can be seen on back ground picture on this page. Many companies gave out free stuff noting expensive but mostly interesting brochures and booklets. But what I felt that was missing was attention getting scenery etc for instance Canon was advertising one of their new camera and they used a car that seemed liked it crashed into a building and the cameras where inside the building and it showed in detail on TV screen how it looked picture will be provided.
The first Company I would talk about is Canon even though I do not honor any of their products but; the way they captured my attention with the display of the car that seemed like it crashed into a building. A Brief history of Canon; Canon was founded in 193 by the name of Precision Optical Instruments Laboratory which was located in Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo and it main goal was to research in the quality of cameras; and in 1935 the name Canon is formed. In 1955 canon New York branch was opened. In 1965 Canon U.S.A, INC was established. In the picture on the image above; Canon EOS 1D X was used to capture the image and displayed on the TV’s; From what I saw on the TV display the camera took very good quality shots you could see all the debris on the car from when it crashed into building; the price tag of the camera is $6,999.00 price is pretty
1 – Information obtained from SONY.COM
pricey I will find no use to this camera unless I change fields; but if I do Canon would be in my list of perspective suppliers.
The Second Company I Choose is SONY; I really like Sony Products Because I believe they are high quality and they are more attractive. Sony was Founded May 7th 1946 it is headquartered in headquartered in Kōnan Minato, Tokyo, Japan; “The Sony name was created by combining “SONUS,” the original Latin for “SONIC,” meaning sound, with “SONNY,” denoting sm1all size, or a youthful boy. It was chosen for its simple pronunciation that is the same in any language” . SONY in my vision is a media POWER house because they have a lot of media electronics from
entertainment to commercial grade products. Sony has a lot of great products I am really interested in their NEX camera family because it good
Quality and it is affordable; Sony is a highly respectable and favored company for that same Reason. One of the local Company that took my interest was a Company Named
Fine Art Album which is located in Mineola, Nassau County NY; Fine Art Albums is not an Electronic Giant like Sony and cannon it’s a local company that produces professional grade printed materials, I recorded a video the File name is M4H01702 it’s a short clip with one
of the workers doing a commentary. I liked their products because when you look at it you can see the quality that it is made with its precise; on their Albums all the Binding is done by hands; the sheets are printed on Photo Paper and nothing is run through press as said by the worker. The look of the
1 – Information obtained from SONY.COM
albums were amazing they have albums in metal casing it looked really great; They also make photo in shapes like the image on previous page; by me feeling that picture I can see and feel the quality the photo was printed on a thick paper its nice and sturdy it looks like it was built to last.
In Brief the expo was a good experience I wish I could have stayed longer; I learned of great local companies that should advertise more for people can learn of them because a lot of them I never heard of but from what I saw they are a great company.

Acknowledgements

This project was created by: jtorres87

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.