ENG1141-E311 Intro to Creative Writing, SP2024

active 1 week, 2 days ago
This Course Profile is OPEN but membership is by invitation. You must be a member of the Course to view the Course Site.
English
ENG1141
Spring 2024

This introductory course aims to engage and help you develop your creative voice through discussions of craft and technique, readings aimed to build critical reading and workshopping skills, writing exercises, and discussion of language and style.

Acknowledgements

View the course(s) that this course is based on. This course has been cloned or re-cloned 1 time; view clone(s).

Discussion Board 3: Story Starters

When I was younger there was a story that people knew very well not just because everyone claimed to have witnessed it in real life, but because everyone shared their experiences. In my town there were around 300 people and 10,000 people […] See MoreDiscussion Board 3: Story Starters

Sestina

Near and far Not sure who you are Lines are blurred Difficult to observe When you're near Awakening emotional nightmare   Anticipating nightmares I'll keep you far At a distance yet I want you near Wondering where you […] See MoreSestina

Pantoum

Near and far Not sure who you are Lines are blurred Difficult to observe   Not sure who you are Curiosity drove us far Difficult to observe So, the deepest parts of me I preserve   Curiosity drove us far Still searching for the […] See MorePantoum