ENG1101 English Composition 1, FA2022 D308

active 5 months, 1 week ago
English
1101

A course in effective essay writing and basic research techniques including use of the library. Demanding readings assigned for classroom discussion and as a basis for essay writing.

Every City Tech (and CUNY) student takes Composition I, which features reading and writing assignments that will help prepare you for college and beyond. Together we will work on communicating effectively, building an argument, adapting your writing for different needs and situations, interpreting and responding to a text, incorporating and citing secondary source material. We will be reading pieces both for their inherent literary and informational value and also as models for our own writing projects. Sharing your own ideas and experiences and adding your voice to our discussions will enrich our class community.

This is a Core Books course at CUNY and used First Year Writing curricula. “Books Everywhere–Books Background” avatar shared with a public domain license.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Jessica Penner

View the course(s) that this course is based on.

Nowshin Islam, Revision Discussion

I want to revise my U3 and my U2 work because I read the feedback I got and I can see ways that I […] See MoreNowshin Islam, Revision Discussion

Nowshin Islam, U3 Audience

I  need to use my PSA to connect with a variety of audiences. I want to share this with a broad […] See MoreNowshin Islam, U3 Audience

Nowshin Islam, U3 Genre

For my U3 assignment I chose PSA as my genre. A PSA is public service announcement which is a […] See MoreNowshin Islam, U3 Genre

Comment on "Diego Ramirez, U2 Questions Brainstorm"

Healthcare in America - How do low income New Yorkers deal with Healthcare in America See MoreComment on "Diego Ramirez, U2 Questions Brainstorm"

Comment on "Marie Desire, U2 Questions Brainstorm"

Nursing Shortage: How does the nursing shortage impact the safety of patients and staff? See MoreComment on "Marie Desire, U2 Questions Brainstorm"