ENG 1121 English Composition II OL 44 (30314)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Feb. 2, 2024 classwork for today

Ebnay
    Participant

B)  A dash is a longer line that can be used for setting a connection and emphasis.

Ex: Monday–Friday, The sky turned a deep shade of red—almost bloodlike—as the sunset.

A hyphen is a shorter line that is used to join words together.

Ex: one-fourth, co-workers

D) Stop. Run. Help. Why?

E)  When putting you in front of requests like Stop. Go. Run. The context becomes something directed at the person that’s being addressed.

F) The difference is in the amount of clauses a sentence has.

G)

She studied diligently for her exams, but she still felt anxious about the results.

The sun was shining brightly in the sky, so we decided to have a picnic at the park.

He loves to play basketball with his friends, and they often compete in local tournaments.

The children laughed and played in the snow, while their parents watched.

I enjoy reading novels by the fireplace; however, today I’m in the mood for a walk.

Ebnay
    Participant

B)  A dash is a longer line that can be used for setting a connection and emphasis.

Ex: Monday–Friday, The sky turned a deep shade of red—almost bloodlike—as the sunset.

A hyphen is a shorter line that is used to join words together.

Ex: one-fourth, co-workers

D) Stop. Run. Help. Why?

E)  When putting you in front of requests like Stop. Go. Run. The context becomes something directed at the person that’s being addressed.

F) The difference is in the amount of clauses a sentence has.

G)

She wanted to go snowboarding, but it was hot outside.

The sun was shining brightly in the sky, so we decided to have a picnic at the park.

He loves to play basketball with his friends, and they often compete in local tournaments.

The children laughed and played in the snow, while their parents watched.

I enjoy reading novels by the fireplace; however, today I’m in the mood for a walk.

Monique
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.