Advanced Technical Writing ENG 3773

• Writing Prompt 3: Power of Language
  • #30765

Thomas

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:

Language is power.

Please explain.

#30770

MENSAH EKUE

I definitely agree with the statement : “language is power” because of one the tools that bring together human beings around the world is language. Without a common and universal language such as English, it will difficult for humans which speak different dialects to communicate and to understand each other. the result will more miscommunication, more barrier and more misunderstanding between each other

#30771

MENSAH EKUE

I definitely agree with the statement : “language is power” because of one the tools that bring together human beings around the world is language. Without a common and universal language such as English, it will difficult for humans which speak different dialects to communicate and to understand each other. the result will more miscommunication, more barrier and more fights and wars between each other

#30772

MENSAH EKUE

I definitely agree with the statement : “language is power” because of one the tools that bring together human beings around the world is language. Without a common and universal language such as English, it will difficult for humans which speak different dialects to communicate and to understand each other. the result will more miscommunication, more barrier and more fights and wars between each other.

#30773

MENSAH EKUE

I definitely agree with the statement : “language is power” because one the tools that bring together human beings around the world is language. Without a common and universal language such as English, it will difficult for humans which speak different dialects to communicate and to understand each other. The result will be more miscommunication, more barrier and more fights and wars between each other.

#30774

Juan

It all depends of what kind of language. For example, diplomatic language, techno language, and language between a husband and wife. can you imagine how powerful a word can be between a married couple. one word can hurt or can bring out lots of feelings. Diplomatic language can trigger world world three or nuclear alienation, techno language have been helping human for thousand and thousand of years and develop human evolution. I do agree in power of language.

#30776

Troy D.

Language most certainly is power. Individuals can gain as much knowledge as they possibly can, but it will mean next to nothing if they cannot convey what they have learned to others trying to learn the same thing. Since it can be incredibly difficult to teach somebody math, it would be helpful if that same person had someone else communicating with them on how to solve such problems. From there, they can discuss more elaborate problems. All that would not be possible if we didn’t have something such as language to connect us.

#30779

Hanh

I definitely agree with the saying “language is power” because if you are able to communicate clearly by using the right words, you will be able to achieve your goals by persuading people to side with you.

If a person doesn’t use the correct language, it may sway people away from what you are trying to pursue. One simple word can either make you or break you. That is the power of language.

#30780

Joseph Tran

I think language is just a form of connection, but knowing how to use the language is where you would have power. Language by itself is mere words or sounds but when you put words or sounds together you can give meaning and life to it. If giving life and meaning to things is not power, I don’t know what is. “Speaking the things to existence.”(Saying things: Marilyn Krysl)

#30781

Damika Green

“Language is power”

Do I agree or disagree with the statement “Language is power? Language is very powerful, I do agree with that, but does it equal power? Not necessarily. No matter what “type” of language is being used all that matter’s is the action. “Action’s speak louder than words” I whole hardly agree with that. For example saying you’ll study will not produce good grades, but the act of studying will.

#30782

CollinJ

I do agree that language is power. For example some people use sign language to communication which is fascinating to see, because not everyone speak the same language but because of the power of language and when it is understood correctly ideas and thoughts are share. Language can take different form from being verbal to non verbal.

#30783

Mr. Beckford

I agree with the statement “Language is power.” “Language,” is defined as a body of words and a system of common use to a people within the same community. If the speaker can manipulate language in a way that a majority of the targeted community can obtain the intended message then the speaker is at an advantage.

#30784

DineshAdhikari

I am definitely agree with the term “Language is Power”. Language is a communication tool that enables you to understand people with multiple background and cultures. You can build up more networks of people with the power of language. It is also advantage for you to get job if you know multiple languages. It also depends what kind of language you chose to learn. For example, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian are the popular languages that i know which people can speak in United States. If you are a international traveler, you definitely need to learn other language than English. Overall, I think Language is a powerful tool and you need to chose what you need to learn.

#30785

This_is_me

I agree that language is power. However, the word language is a broad statement. Language is way of communicating with others. When you are able to know more than one language you are able to communicate in more than one community, your mind expands. You learn, discover new things and have better opportunity in society such as meeting new people, culture or when applying for a job. This is one way when you are able to stand out from others. I see this as a type of power because you have an advantage. Power is when you have authority because you are capable of knowing a language.

#30786

Busayo

I will agreed with the statement that “Language is power” while also “Power is Language”. The statement both works in vice verse because when you have a power, your language will be heard and when your language is heard means you are in power. They’re many languages out there and it all depends on which language you want to use to communicate, express your thoughts, feelings or to acquire power. I do agree that “Language is Power” because we can used our words to motivate others.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)