Writing Reflection

Thomson Li

Professor Dr. Leigh Gold

ENG 1121 D432

17 May 2019

Writing Reflection

In the beginning of class I was confused about the things you wanted us to learn through our writing and reading. As the months a pass I realize my writing needed work and how if we sure our writing it would help us in the future. Now that i’m thinking about it I think I learn a few things from my fellow classmates. All of them have unique way to write, and i notice these through open lab. I didn’t read all but I read a few which were good.

From the start i always had trouble understanding poems and short story. It was really hard for me and even now I can’t understand the writing the author want me to read it from. I would never understand what they want me as a reader to know. So during this class we were given many poems and I read some. Some were easier than some other but I understood some. After reading we would share the what we thought it meant and made it easier for me to understand after class. Secondly sad to say but my grammar is like a child. I never go back and check my essay. I would always think it’s fine because I read really fast I skim through basically so i wouldn’t notice.

During this semester i revise all of them with the help of a tutor but never had the chance to print the revised version out. I would have exams come up so it was hard to reprint the newly written essay. When I was revising the proffor reading my paper said I really need to work on my grammar, I laughed and said I know. Knowing that i also realize my paper needed a lot of work I should focus on reading to improve my writing. Writing about my idea and is my strength because I could never say the things I write because it personal. I can share my feelings through writing, my opinion, and my thoughts. I don’t think I improve much I still make the same mistakes twice so i’m not to sure.

When we read about Ray Bradbury and the other poem authors. For years I didn’t understand poems so I would like to understand them now as I get older so it helped when we read this in class. Gave me time to realize what some poems mean. I still like to write how I feel I don’t know what kind of writing style that. I would say I don’t mind any because I get to figure out another way of writing. The genre essay was difficult in some sense, I had to do some research for the genre I chose which was difficult. Well repurposing my genre essay I had to go back and check my mistakes and what I did wrong through out that essay. Im was never a good reader, throughout this semester we read a lot so I hope it help impact my reading because i’m not sure myself yet. I hate reading but I try my best to I would always skim through it look at the important facts and highlight and remember that part only.

When writing I would have thought is self expression. A way to tell your own story for reader to read. Have significant connection to readers and hope it can impact someone’s life. When I was younger I hated english I was never the person that pass english. I was always good at math, but then when I had a good teacher i realized how it was english was easy, you just need to put in effort in to reading and writing your thought clearly. I would say my highschool writing was poor but entering college I learn some new things that i think help change my writing for the better. To hope for the future I want to be better in writing so I can use it when needed for my job or mayne for future kids. In doing so I believe this semester and my last semester of english was helpful learn new perspective and new way to think of writing