Journal #10 Work Role Model

While interning, I had a chance to admire the creativity and professionality of Prof Goldfeld personally. I was strongly inspired by her capacity to understand in a very short time what the client wanted and how to best communicate the client’s message. Simplicity was the key to everything she designed, but still kept particular attention to details. Thanks to her, I started noticing negative and positive spaces, something that I didn’t pay attention to before. Leading and proportions are important too. Whenever I would start designing, I would ask her what ideas she had already in mind because I knew they were exactly what the client had in mind. I did, of course, explore other options, and spent infinite time on other ideas, but what the client picked was exactly what the professor told me to go with first. I admit most of the time, I explored those new roads because I wanted to learn from my own mistakes or inspire the client or the professor with new ideas.

Another impressive skill I noticed in Prof Goldfeld was her ability to handle different projects (me included) at the same time with calm and determination. I understand it is a skill that you can develop with time, but I was her first intern with my rhythms and a stressful schedule. Hoping that I was more of a help than an obstacle, I learned so much that I feel more confident in working directly with clients, listening to them with open ears, and handling different projects at the same time. I still have a lot more to learn, but I will keep in mind all that I learned from Prof Goldfeld.