Week Three – Illustration + Signage and Banners

Upon completion of the City Tech Ad, it was back to my illustration work. Benjamin

I was given a task to work on the Alumni Table Banner after the completion of the illustration. I was told to redesign the text to fit the logo and correct the dimensions for the banner.

Table Banner-08 Table Banner-07 Table Banner-06 Table Banner-05 Table Banner-04 Table Banner-03 Table Banner-02

Next, I was given a task to re-design a signage poster panel for City Tech’s Professional Development. Since the printer is unable to print on a 12ft paper, the design needs to be changed. If printed using the original design, there will be a ‘cut’ on 2/3 horizontal of the page which may look awkward when hanging the panel.

CityTech_sign_prodevelopment

I’ve went to the Learning Center and re-measured the dimensions for the poster.

IMG_20150428_113524 IMG_20150428_113604

Yue wants me to design a layout that works on the printer’s requirements while keeping the design as one element. I’ve broken the grid into thirds and used that as a template for my design. 2/3’s of the design will be printed first while rest will be printed and aligned after with the first paper. Here are several designs for the poster as well as the five possible finalized versions.

Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 5.46.55 PM

CityTech_sign_prodevelopment11 CityTech_sign_prodevelopment1 CityTech_sign_prodevelopment12 CityTech_sign_prodevelopment111 CityTech_sign_prodevelopment15