Day One: Seeking and interning for City Tech

After several weeks of unable to find an internship, I have asked Professor Mason for help. He suggested me to contact Yue Chen who works for The New York City College of Technology and I have done so immediately. Within one hour later, Yue Chen had sent a reply to me and asks if I am available for an interview the next day. Without hesitation, I took the offer and scheduled an interview.

When I walked into the office, it wasn’t long until I got my interview. Yue recognized my face by my resume. The interview took place in his office room. Yue is the Art Director and an alumni of The New York City College of Technology. He discussed his roles and duties for what he has done for the college. After his pitch, I presented my resume, portfolio and sketchbook to him stating that I am a senior in City Tech who wants to become a professional illustrator. With that said, he told me that this may not be a permanent place for me to stay but will be a great experience of how the workflow works in a studio. Yue understands my position that I need to fulfill my internship and graduate as soon as possible and accepted me as his intern. He told me that I maybe assigned to do illustration work but when needed, I will need to switch on to a another important projects for them. I accepted his conditions and was able to work immediately.