Week Four – Illustration and Graphic Elements

We received the City Tech’s Subway Ad! I am quite impressed on how’d it turned out. If I see this ad in the subway, I’m gonna be boasting about it. Mission Accomplished!
IMG_20150429_180457

For my next illustration assignment, my client is the City Tech’s Solar Decathlon, Team DURA. I am to illustrate the group doing their iconic square pose which represents their logo. I have found several references on their Facebook ad and decided to use this one.

10920931_1513323565597950_5727562481409125771_n

My goals for the illustration is to make them famous like Hollywood Stars! Here is my work in progress for Team DURA. Team DURA Team DURA1 Team DURA2

I often have to use this room to work on the illustrations. Here is how the room looks like.

IMG_20150403_114731

During this week, Yue has an important task for me to do. He asks me to create several graphic elements for the City Tech’s Ad Video that will be displayed on the Daily News Website. The first assignment was to brainstorm motivating words with a vivid color palette. These words will only flash for a second and should grab the viewer’s attention immediately. Here are some of the words.

ColorBlocking00 ColorBlocking01 ColorBlocking02 ColorBlocking03 ColorBlocking04 ColorBlocking05 ColorBlocking06 ColorBlocking07 ColorBlocking08 ColorBlocking09 ColorBlocking11

As for the second assignment, I am to create graphic elements that will be played in the background. These elements should relate to technology, math and science. Again, these elements will only be shown for a second and should not distract from the main graphics. The black background is replaced with the main graphic element and is used as a filler. Here are some examples of the small elements I’ve created.

Shapes-02 Shapes-03 Shapes-04 Shapes-05 Shapes-06 Shapes-07 Shapes-08 Shapes-09 Shapes-10