I, Tituba Black Witch of Salem 8-12 PT.II

Throughout the reading there were several significant moments that really stood up to me. The most significant moment that really stood up to me was very shocking and intriguing.  A new character that goes by the name of Benjamin Cohen, a Jewish merchant is introduced in this chapter. Benjamin Cohen appears to have some similarities between Hester. Like Hester, Cohen has been persecuted but because of being Jewish. Al though they seem to share some common similarities they also differ themselves from both Hester and Tituba. Cohen, in the other hand seems to take the blame for his actions and commitment. Hester and Tituba they seem to view themselves as criminals. Due to the actions they commit and responsibility they have towards their commitment. Cohen believes that he is being punished for being unfaithful to God. It’s very intriguing and quite interesting on how a white male can be incorporated into the story. I find this quite strange it appears to me that Benjamin Cohen, a Jewish merchant is being oppressed. Oppression lurks between this section of the chapter.