History of Mary Prince Assignment 1 Pages 1-19 (EdelleRamsayy)

I’ve always heard about all the mistreatment that slaves endured, but not quite like this before.
While reading about Hetty and old Daniel I was in shock. I felt especially sorry for old Daniel.
to hear how he was beaten even though he was considered disabled made me feel so sad. The narrator
described the maggots in his is un-healed skin drew a gruesome image in my head. The slave owners or ‘masters’
as the narrator would call them had no empathy or compassion for the slaves. I tried to imagine myself
being punished like they were and then expected to do the labor assigned to them, but couldn’t. I wanted all the
‘masters’ to be as nice to the slaves as she was to the narrator. Also another part that stuck out to me was when
the brothers and sister of the narrator were being sold. Again, I tried to paint a picture as if it were an auction for humans. So far I’m enjoying this book because of course I would hear about the mistreatment but this narrator is doing a swell job of painting a picture in my head of how hard life was for the slaves.

EdelleRamsayy