Breath, Eyes,Memory Chapter 4-9 Janelle Alleyne

While reading the assigned chapters, my view have changed on the book. This book is interesting but still very different from the two books we have read. this book is like a hidden type book where you have to go over things twice to understand. there were some things that stood out to me. one thing was the difference between tante attie and her mother. sophie’s mother is skinny, and frail, and to me a very open book. unlike tante attie, she doesnt hide anything and she tells sophie the truth to all the fairytales tante attie told her. something else that stood out to me was the transition from the moment she stepped in the cab. it was almost as if as she stepped in the cab and drove to the airport she was driven into reality to see the world for what it was. Her eyes was opened to the struggles people faced in haiti and even in ny. Its almost as if tante attie was her veil from the world and as she  left her the veil was removed. Another thing i would like to point out was the doll. It was almost as if the doll was a replacement for sophie untl she came to new york. I did think the doll was creepy but it was important to sophies mother and by the way she handled it showed that this doll was very significant in her life.