Conde, I, Tituba, Black Witch of Salem, Chapters 13-end of Part II BY Jayme Monge

Tituba has suffered greatly all her life and lost many of her loved ones. As a slave in the Caribbean she suffered a great amount of verbal and physical abuse. All she wanted to do was to be liberated from tyranny and escape the dystopian society ruled by white people. The part that really intrigued me and that really stood out was when Tituba returned to Barbados. After being a dystopian protagonist in a society dictated by white people. Tituba willingly sacrificed and risked everything she had just to get to her home where, she originated from. After escaping all she had been through she made it back to her beloved Barbados, where she thought she would be safe and free. Tituba and Iphigene join the spirit realm, inciting future revolts whenever possible. Although Tituba was said to be a witch, she was surrounded by misery and pain where ever she went. In my perspective I believe that Tituba wasn’t meant to have a long lasting relationship because it will only slow her down and cause chaos. Abena and Mama Yaya warned Tituba of the consequences of falling in love with men.They both believed that men will only cause pain and suffering. Although a white man who treated Tituba nicely fell deeply in love with Tituba. Benjamin at his very own will set her free but in my perspective Tituba should have not searched for love. Tituba should have only focused on survival even though she wanted to feel loved and it was necessary.