Venice Golding, I, Tituba 10-1of part II

An interesting point that I found in the text so far is when Samuel Parris accuses Tituba of bewitching Betsy and Abigail and saying that she has been fooling around with the Satan. Prior to this earlier we see where a lot more people seem to be aware that Tituba has a special kind of gift. Sarah the slave of the Joseph Henderson asks Tituba to do something to her masters because of the way have been treating her. Goodwife Rebecca Nurse also wanted Tituba to do something about Houltons whose hogs destroyed her garden. what they wanted Tituba to do seemed good in their eyes but it was for and evil intent and Tituba wanted to resave the right to use her powers for good. She felt that she had done enough for Goodwife Parris and Betsy, but it turns out that the minute that the children started to get sick that she was a person of interest. It would seem as though Tituba was always in their radar and this is evident when Samuel Parris called her one morning to ask her what she had done to the kids, they could not see that the children were clearly faking it., or had cause something on their own selves by being a little too adventurous. I found this passage significant because the consequences of Tituba actions were very clear to her. It makes me wonder why she had befriended the girls so much and went as far as to shared so much of her secrets. All the good that she had done for them was now building evidence against her and she knew that she might be hanged as we saw with Goody Glover.