I, Tituba Black Witch of Salem 5-9

What quickly stood out to me was the relationship that seemed to build between Elizabeth and Tituba. It resembles that off the one Tituba’s mother had with Jennifer were they are both afraid of the master/husband Samuel. Elizabeth shows her distaste for her husband by sarcastically telling Tituba that she must be fortunate to believe a husband can be a good companion. Clearly she doesn’t believe a man can please a woman or actually love her. Later on when Samuel strikes Tituba for refusing to confess out loud Elizabeth speaks up trying to defend Tituba and tells Samuel he has no right to be doing that and she ends up getting striked as well. At this moment Tituba declares that they are both bonded together by this blood. The children seem to bond well with Tituba as well not telling Samuel the stories Tituba says too them. A point I found somewhat funny/ironic was when Elizabeth told Tituba that women are sins in this world and Tituba responds by saying women aren’t, so its like the white woman doesn’t value her place and gender in this world but the slave does. I wonder if Tituba will be comfortable enough with Elizabeth to tell her about the baby someday.