About Me

Hi, My name is Emelisa Gonzalez. I am a senior in the dental hygiene program and I am happy to be graduating May 2015. Due to this program, I have been privileged to learn from such a wonderful faculty and students that I now consider them as family.

I was introduced to the dental field when I was 18 years old. I found myself with the desire and passion to learn more. I started a dental assisting program and received certification at the age of 23. In my years as a dental assistant, I have gained the ability to assist patients in feeling comfortable and at ease while having dental procedures performed. Throughout the years I became eager to pursue dental hygiene. I became motivated by patients, friends and family to become a dental hygienist and to further pursue my education.

Prior to starting the program, I gave birth to a beautiful son who is now 2 1/2 years old. He was and continues to be my motivation to accomplish my dreams and reach my goals. Going to school full time while raising my son was definitely not the easiest task, but has become well worth the journey. With the support from my family, I feel as if I can and will accomplish anything and that nothing is impossible. I am excited to make them proud in being the first to graduate college.

I have over 10 years’ experience in the dental field and now as a dental hygienist, I feel complete. I am able to provide the best dental hygiene care to my patients and I am very excited to start my new journey.