Digital Media Foundations 
Spring 2023
Prof. Devir Shriky

Project Description

For a quote of our choice we were asked to develop three visual concepts on an 8.5” x 5.5” postcard. Two concepts were required to have typography or typography w/ line art. For the third concept, it could contain a photographic image.

Reflection

I choose the quote “People got me questioning, where is the love?” from the song Where is the love? by Black Eyed Peas. Sometimes we question ourselves where is the affection and love towards each others when there is still a lot of violence around us. I wanted to create a statement about the indifference towards that violence we see around the the world. I decided to use the color red because it represents love and danger at the same time. Also it is a color that draws attention. I made use of uppercase letters and size to emphasize some of the words. The second postcard is handwritten. I wanted it to look like graffiti since it is associated to social commentary, in this case violence. The line art behind represents the people that look the other way when it comes to violence. For the last postcard I decided to create the effect of ripped paper that reveled parts of photographs that show violence.

I enjoyed a lot this project because it gave me freedom to express myself. From deciding a quote that I felt connected to all the way to the layout and visuals.

Additional Images