Individual Strength

A career in nursing requires specific skills and qualities and medical knowledge.  Nursing strengths are the attributes of a nurse that help them do their jobs effectively. One of the Individual skills I have gained is communication. Nurses need excellent written and verbal communication skills due to the verbal interaction with patients, doctors and other nurses. Another skills is “Empathy”. A nurse also needs empathy when interacting with patients. A patient and their family who are in a stressful or difficult situation may have to manage psychological or physical issues. Having the empathy to interact with the patient and their family and helping them to cope with problems is very important in a nursing position. “Empathy” had giving me the necessary tools to advocate for my patients. “Flexibility” is another skills i have developed. Nurses should be flexible. Flexibility had given me awareness and openness to new situations arriving at work. In addition, attention to details had helped me to make sure every piece of information is accurate and updated as with medications.This helps me as a nurse to practice safely. “Endurance” had given me the strength to physically lift heavy objects or patients and other tasks that may take an extended period.  Last but no least, “problem solving”. As a nurse, the need to use  skills to figure out  what could mean for the patient and how to treat them if needed.